James Walker conductor
Ed Johnson, recording engineer
Recorded in performance on Sunday, June 5, 2011, at All Saints Church, Pasadena, California
- Music by Bruce Babcock All Unto Me Dedicated to Archbishop Desmond Tutu and inspired by a sermon preached by him at All Saints Church, Pasadena on November 6, 2005
- “Jesus did not say, ‘I, if I be lifted up, will draw some.’
Jesus said, ‘I, if I be lifted up, will draw all.’
- All! All! All! All!
- Black, white, yellow, rich, poor,
clever, not so clever,
beautiful, not so beautiful.
- It’s one of the most radical things!
- All, all, all belong.
- Gay, lesbian, so-called straight. All!
- All are meant to be held in this incredible embrace that will not let us go.”
- — Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- And I, if I be lifted up from the earth
will draw all men, will draw all women;
I will draw all unto me.
- — based on John 12:32
Listen to All Unto Me
Applauded by Aaron Copland, inspired by Desmond Tutu and mentored by Hugo Friedhofer and Earle Hagen, Bruce Babcock spends his working life composing music for the musicians of Los Angeles.
- Music by Bruce Babcock
- 01. Irrational Exuberance
- 02. This is What I Know: The Red Dress
- 03. This is What I Know: Fair Weather
- 04. This is What I Know: Somebody’s Song
- 05. This is What I Know: Interior
- 06. SpringScape
- 07. All Unto Me
- 08. Metaphor Two
- 09. Imagined/Remembered: I. Allegro
- 10. Imagined/Remembered: II. Lento
- 11. Imagined/Remembered: III. Presto
To learn more about the album, visit the “Time, Still” website.