This was a difficult moment for many in Coventry Choir.
We did want to have at least one "outreach" performance, and I was given the referral for this hospital. Unfortunately, the staff didn't give us the full story, that we needed to go to rooms and bring the patients to the central meeting hall, and many of the patients were in pretty bad physical and mental states.
Still, we performed. I remember choosing the Brahms motet and a couple of the Gospel pieces. We probably did some Copland, as well. From outward appearances, it would be hard to see if we reached the patients with our music. Yet, I believe we did so, in powerful ways that we will never know.
at 1:00 PM
- Selections from the following works
- Johannes Brahms Schaffe in mir, Gott
- Leon C. Roberts Remember Me
- Andrae Crouch Soon And Very Soon Leslie Inman
- Bobby McFerrin Psalm 23
- Aaron Copland I Bought Me A Cat
- Aaron Copland Simple Gifts
- Aaron Copland Ching-a-Ring Chaw
- Aaron Copland The Promise of Living, from The Tender Land