- Sunday, August 21, 2016Read more
This short summer sabbatical has been fruitful in many ways: energizing, relaxing, challenging and restorative. Highlights have been hearing my colleague Weicheng Zhao play brilliantly at the June National A.G.O. finals in Houston and a two-week trip to Costa Rica in July. Language immersion experiences are intense. Sometimes it feels like hitting a wall: “I can’t possibly cram any more
- Sunday, May 1, 2016In Timeline All Saints onRead more
Ed Bacon’s final Sunday as rector of All Saints; my final service in the street! It was a labor of love and a joyful celebration of Ed’s powerful ministry at All Saints. And as my fingers were burning on the hot keys of the piano, as I led communion music, I joyfully realized that I need not do this again. It’s a “both/and” world.
- Saturday, April 23, 2016On the Retirement of the RectorRead more
Permanently imprinted in my memory is my first one-to-one meeting with Ed Bacon when he became Rector of All Saints Church, Pasadena, in 1995. We met in my office, and I was well-prepared with a teeming brain and stacks of documents to show the new rector how we did things at All Saints. After sitting down, he asked, “How are
- Sunday, February 28, 2016Read more
Canterbury and Coventry choirs of All Saints Church opened the 2016 Western Division Conference of the American Choral Directors Association. Here’s how it came together.
- Sunday, December 20, 2015
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015Read more
The USC Doctor of Musical Arts degree student joins the All Saints music staff on September 1.
- Monday, June 15, 2015
- Friday, June 12, 2015In Timeline All Saints onRead more
a festival concert at Disney Hall celebrating Episcopal Church’s 150th year of parish ministry in Southern California.
- Thursday, October 30, 2014
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014